Re: Bringing loops in and out with an edp

Sent from my (advertisement removed)

On 6 Jun 2011, at 01:02, marcus kirby <marcusloops@gmail.com> wrote:

Well with 1edp you can't do it... But with 2

Loop 1 = Single hit
Using edp1
Loop 2 = string sound
Using edp2
Loop 3 = bass line
Stay on EDP 2
Loop 4 = funky guitar muting
Back to EDP 1
Loop 5 = hi hat / snare sound
Edp2
Loop 6 = vocal line
Edp1

Now it gets tricky.

I want to be able to remove loops 1 and loop 4, leaving the rest going. At that point, I'd like to swap loop 3 with a bass synth. Eventually, I'd want to swap the hi-hats for a drum machine. How could I go about doing this with one or two edps?

You could copy edp1 to loop2 (saving that state) then remove all sound (replace) as you record silence or your bass synth. You would lose your vocal loop tho, maybe that should be on EDP 2 then ... But wait ... Oh damn...

So you see, doing song structure on EDP Must be matched with the edps features and limitations. It's a very powerful looper, and having 2 is more powerful than having 2, but better to use an rc50 for songs

Mark