Remembering Kim Flint

Hello all.

This coming Sunday, 19 June 2011, will be the one-year anniversary of the tragic accident that took Loopers' Delight founder, Kim Flint, from us.

While many LD subscribers may never have met or known him, if they appreciate this community and what it provides them, it's very existence is owed to Kim's vision in starting it in 1996.

Some of us did indeed known him (some even from that early beginning in '96) and continue to miss him.

But none of us can possibly miss him more than his life partner, Violet Hefner: <violet@missviolet.com>

At LD we enjoy membership with no fees or strings attached, and our freedom to take the conversation anywhere we want has enjoyed a history of Kim's light, almost nonexistent, touch as a moderator.

Loopers' Delight has kept going with hardly a blip, because Violet wants it that way, and to a number of us it seems the most fitting way to keep Kim's memory and vision alive.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think sometime this week would be a good time to post something to Vi, if you know her and feel up to it.

Or, as an alternative, post something on the "Remembering Kim Flint" FaceBook page: <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=140053582674656&v=wall>

When it comes to grief and loss, the first anniversary is frequently one of the hardest times of all.

I suggest that those of us who feel "called" to do so, let her "feel the love" as they say by acting on that call.

Or if nothing else (or perhaps in addition to that), make some sort of donation to the operating costs of Loopers' Delight (in memory of Kim) at: <http://www.loopers-delight.com/loop.html>

Vi has been keeping a blog concerning her loss and subequent grief that I think is really quite poignant at: <http://violetalone.com/>

If you feel an urge or a stiring of any sort in that direction, I think this coming week would be a good time to do something about it.

In memory of Kim . . . cheers!

Ted Killian