Re: Pickup Poll

Phil Clevenger wrote:
Say LD-people,

What kinds of pickups are you using in your electric guitars?

Ancient Single coils, Bill Walker says they are P90's .

...and as everyone knows by now
made of wood.

andy butler
ps,
practically, I'd recommend a single coil sound for looping,
better bass and more top.
A lot of pickups don't really bring out the 80Hz fundamental
in the sound, presumably because in a band context it's
a liability. For a solo looper having a strong bass really
helps.

Another option is to get hold of an
Electro Harmonix Knockout.
Really will help to get a broad freq range out of any pickup.

I don't usually have any hum problem, unless the venue has
lights with faders.