Re: OT: VJ Programs, tested... by me!!

Hey there Mark,

Fairly recently I uploaded my very first efforts at manipulating video to
YouTube and posted about them here.

I am at a very early beginning phase in my learning process, but it sounds
to me like the direction you are going in is very much similar to what I
ultimately intend.

I still have a very, very long way to go, but my aim is to make a video
system that responds to live music as well.

So far, I have only made my videos from short VJ clips, and have tried to
cobble them together to fit the music.

Like I said, it is a learning process.

But, since I am already using MaxMSP I am about to delve into the
possibilities of using it (and Jitter) to do what you are
describing...somewhat.

Your approach sounds very interesting, and these programs seem very well
worth checking out to me too.

Thanks for posting about them.

I was only saying to the wife the other day, that if I had it all to do
over again, instead of studying painting and printmaking, I would/should
have  studied cinema and video.

Keep us posted.

What you have shared looks encouraging - even though I am a long way
behind you.

Cheers,

Ted