Re: OT: VJ Programs, tested... by me!!

Thanks Ted...
A lot can happen a few hours, and now I have recieved a wealth of information from many sources. It seems that my post was also retweeted by my friends at furtherfield.org (I wrote reviews for furthernoise.org) and its somehow got to the right people. Many thought my post useful, but one or two , sounding like Pros, came back and said that those softwarez are all considered rather low level, and that the big VJ names are really programming there own things, either in Msx/msp jitter (full marks Ted) OR.. I i think this looks very interesting, a software called VDMX, and that in combination with the Quartz Composer patches, THIS was the way to go...
I have d/led VDMX and as we speak am going thru its tutorials... its a build your own thing, environment, buttons and everything, so it hardly fits my "its gotta work out a the box" caveat, but so far, is looking interesting, if I wanna take this ALL THE WAY... which I increasingly do...
I stiff stand by my original recommendation of Resolume however, and will continue to experiment with that one... a software with a watermark (and audio watermark) but NOT save disabled, is muc easier to work with and learn, than a product that is fully functional, but with save disabled...

When I have Resolume working as I want, I will of course buy.

Ill report back on VDMX (If no one minds the OT-ness of this)

By the way, does anyone live in Cambridge UK?
My wife needs a place to stay while shes at a Alchemy Conference in 2 weeks time...

Mark

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com