Re: Boss PS-6 as a tool for looped bass.

I tried the EH Octave Multiplexer, but was disappointed. Of course, I was using it vocally. I thought it was supposed to turn my voice into a full-length, feature film. But I didn't even get a music video out of it.

But seriously, I found that the syllables I used had a great effect on the perceived latency. If I started with a plosive consonant like P, C, or T, there was no pitch for it to pick up. Starting with M, N, or L worked better. I wonder if something similar applies to instruments? Technique might effect how quickly the thing picks up the pitch and drops it.

But anyway, I thought there was too much latency even with the best technique, so I sold my used Octave Multiplexer to Guitar Center and used the proceeds for a MIDI controller that I wanted. I think I'll try that Chili Dog, though. You can never have enough Chili.

Michael Carlson (TripleOhNine)