New Years Wishes for 2012

Dear tribe,

Damn if the last couple of years haven't been cursedly bleak and execrably
hard.

Months and years come and go . . . and one year's end and another's
beginning seem just n arbitrary marks on a calendar.

But I am still hoping . . . trying to maintain some optimism (despite all
rationally perceived and derived evidence to the contrary) . . . that 2012
will indeed, somehow, be better.

Despite everything else that my hinder, may we all enjoy increased peace,
wonder, creative inspiration and a renewal of energy to do those things
that drive us on . . . and to dream . . . along with health, providence,
and the bonds of friendship, love, and common human struggle this year.

May we each "occupy" our individual corners of the world and make them
better . . . with our art (or whatever we find handy) . . . or die trying.

The vast forces of stupidity, lethargy, bigotry, and shear inertia arrayed
against us each and every day.

But may hope be rewarded and renewed even so.

That is my wish, for myself and for everyone who reads this.

Ted Killian