Re: Graphic equalizer

An EQ pulls the frequencies it affects up or down by a finite amount - "down to zero" here being an infinite amount, which, speaking strictly theory, is not possible.

Are you sure you want a graphic EQ? If your goal is to suddenly cut out (and bring back) specific parts of the spectrum (e.g. all hi frequencies), then a freqency kill switch as found on DJ mixers might be the right choice. No recommendations from me here; if I wanted one, I always used the 3-band EQ in Ableton Live (example: this track's drums at around 5:00 - http://moinlabs.bandcamp.com/track/aspirin-age).

And for cutting all trebles, the other option might be a lowpass (which has no gain as a graphic EQ, rather cutoff as its parameter, which you'd turn to 22kHz or something for "no effect" and down for your intended effect).

        Rainer