RE: Boomerang midi sync and how to check software version

Yes, of course. I was just trying to suggest an 'equivalent' to a
single-press stacking solution.

What really bugs me these days is how much great music was produced before
any of this technology, imperfect as it is, was available. I get a little
depressed when I find I can't be all that creative with all the technology
I have laying around here. In light of that I'm trying to simplify my
studio and get to the point where I can get some good drum beats (sparse
'world beats' these days) going and just doodle while recording
everything. I find my best usually occurs when I do no planning and just
play with as few distractions as possible. Anyway, I've grown tired of
setting up complex technology only to find in the end I have nothing that
interesting to do with it. But oh (that magic feeling) when some simple
spontaneous things come together in an unexpected way and a new song is
born!