Re: ADSR real time plug in?

Question, when you say ADSR, are you meaning A & D?
The problem surely is with the trigger to start an attack? I know that any guitar synths Ive owned that actually modify the input audio have lots of trouble, surly there must be something approximating this in the VG world? Cant we do it with the GR55 Per? TBH I havent tried, but I certainly use the Banjo VG sound to get a D effect, as in short plucky decay. I suggest that it needs a hex pickup at least.
Of course Bills post is infering that he wants only a plugin, and that its a "compressor" related effect that hes after.

I cannot believe that there no plugins available that can't "turn the attacks inside out" like we used to with those big old tube driven studio compressors. God that was a trip putting late 80´s techno through a few (Dang.. what were they called.. I used to have 3... ??? Black with 2 channels and lots of side chaining possibilities.. damn my drug addled brain)...

The reason I chimed in though is to wonder... Has anyone ever played with a really old effect from Morley called the Pic O vol? There was also a (pic O wah too.) If I remember correctly it actually had a special metal pick that cut the sound dead when in touch with the string, you plucked and the sound faded in, at a speed dependant on a single knob. The effect kinda stuck into the jack socket...

Seriously.. isnt this simple electronics? a tiny mono VCA where the volume is turned up after connection with earth has been broken? Just surprised I havent seen anything about it for about 25 years!

Mark