Re: LP-1?

Cara,

I have been using both the LP1 and the EDP extensively.

Started with EDP, moved to the LP1 attracted by the Scramble feature as
well as the notion that it might be like having eight stereo EDPs in a box.

It was not like that ;)

While folks like Bill Walker have mastered development of material over
time on the LP1, I found myself trapped in it, creating static stacks of
material, unable to break out of those stacks and really get  the material
to move. I returned primarily to the EDP and really love getting back to
that linear workflow, developing looped material over time with the SUS
commands, copyLoop, multiply, unroundedMultiply, stutter, prevLoop,
windowing, and so on. Such a pleasure ;)

That said, I keep the LP1 in my rig. The audio is gorgeous for sure. I use
it for the Scramble feature still, and for ambient loops that I don't have
to think too much about. I am happy to have it in my rig, but EDP is home
base. At some point I will get back to working the deeper bits of LP1
workflow.

As for Repeater, I keep one of those on hand too but have not had *any*
time to explore it. I'm looking forward to learning about it sometime this
year :)

Best,

Phil :)