iPad midi

I'm the first to point out I'm a complete midi retard. I try to get old
acoustic instruments sound electronic via looping. That being said I have
a cheap cheesy midi controller (akai 25 key, I really don't know how good
or bad it is. The price was right)
I have a myriad of things to hook it up to. I have small netbook
hacintosh, windows 7 and linux netbooks at my disposal. I have iPhones and
iPads.
Which route should I take to make strange sounds?
There are so many good apps for IPad (the fairlight mentioned on this list
really intrigued me) but how will I control with my controller?

Chaz

Sent from my iPhone