Re: iPad midi

Honestly?

If you're a complete newb, I'd recommend starting by perusing this website:

http://www.iosrecording.com/

… there are several approaches, including MIDI over WiFI network, but
you're probably better off starting with an audio interface for iOS
that has MIDI with it.

The Alesis iO Dock: http://youtu.be/DBfojDxpZLY

IK Multimedia's iRIg MIDI: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigmidi/

and