Re: midi foot controller theory

Since you guys are on the topic. I've been meaning to make a post
about it: What do you guys do about audible clicks when using pedals?
So far I've only gotten the Boomerang III, a Boss LS-2, and an
expression pedal. The Boomerang's clicks do bleed into the condenser
mic that I'm using for vocals. I've tried experimenting with software
gating, but for vocals, I have to set the threshold way too high for
my taste, thus rendering it rather pointless. Since my bass slapping
and other short attack noises bleed through into the mic, I guess I'll
need to get an SM58 or something similar for live.

But also related to midi pedals, I assume there's a difference
depending which type of pedal system you use. So if other people have
had these issues in the studio and/or live, and have bought midi
pedals or mic's that specifically eliminate that problems, please do
share :) I'm even going so far, as to looking into head worn mic's
instead of on a stand, that way I could also focus more on my playing,
instead of having to turn my head towards the mic. I do think it may
come of a bit too cheesy, as I'm not doing a Britney Spears type of
show, and don't wanna look like a total circus clown. But I am looking
for, I guess as many of you, to have a simple, hands-off live setup.
Perhaps we need a "What's your live setup, and why" thread...