Re: midi foot controller theory

Hi Lee,

Total "yes" to all your questions. That's why I bought one. I don't
know yet if it will last for a decade, which would make it cheaper
than sticking with Behringer FCBs, but even if it doesn't it is worth
the money for me because I do some gigs and plan to play out more
often. The sturdy build, the reliable performance and the easy
programming through USB with the computer software editor is what
counts with me. I also like the fact that you plug in optional Roland
EV5 expression pedals when needed, because it makes the unit easer to
pack into a flight case and when one expression pedal breaks down you
are not fried like you would be with a Behringer FCB that has two
built-in xpr pedals. I mostly use four EV5s. One minor issue: if
playing a concert at very low volume the click from the switches are
acoustically audible (hopefully you play rhythmic music so you can
kick them on a beat to mask out the sound musically). The LG is much
smaller and lighter than a Behringer but bigger and more heavy than a
SoftStep. But on the other hand, the SoftStep is like a toy while the
LG is pro gear. Please get me right regarding the SoftStep; I'm
finding its functionality chart very exciting but I don't want to take
risks using it live due to the minimal tactile feel and fragile
construction.

Per