cycle divide+midi clock relationship (was: New discovery on EDP!!!)

My personal discovery of how EDP (and therfore Echoloop) is handling memory and undo, has made me think about an old issue. Therefore new thread name.

Im wondering a bit now how people handle the difference between the 8th note (as its called on EDP) or subcycle (as its called on Mobius and Echoloop) settings in relation to how they affect the midi clock output.

When running other external gear, and using the looper as the clock master, the 8th note quantize setting will affect your external gear.

Now some boxes are clever, my fireworx used to be, and the GR55 is clever, adjusting its echos and other synched effects correctly. to the nearest sensible division. I DOUBT you will find a drum machine that does this.

I personally get around this by having 2 EDPs... one of them only is sending synch to the other devices and I have it set to 8th, and never do short things on it... the other brother synched EDP, I routinely flip around the 8th setting to what ever I need, 8 for musical, 64 for glitchy.

Internally on a laptop system I guessing hosts like Bidule have some er... bidules that can multiply and divide the midi clock, but what in hardware? Is there a box on the market, that cleverly analyses the midi clock in, and then translates it into a sensible clock speed, like forcing between 60 and 180 bpm?

Or? What other tricks are there?

Is this something that the designers of Evoloop might consider, having 2 different settings for midi clock output multiple and quantize setting multiple?

Mark