Re: Do you think these controllers can be enough for livelooping with ableton?

Sergio G wrote:

without having to jump 5 meters like a kung fu monk.

hmmmm...that's not such a bad idea

So I was trying to understand if it was better to buy a foot controller like the beringer for example, or the yamaha (I find it for very cheap. Were the latency problems solved finally? I have read some negative comments of Andy about that),

No.
I confirmed the problem with Yamaha Tech Support in UK,
useless for accurate timed loops. Tech guy had no way to pass that info back to the designers,
or to check that the bug had even been reported.

I *will* sell you one if you want it ;-)

and place it near to the theremin and to the percussions, or if I should buy a couple of individual midi footswitch one near the theremin and one near to the percussions.
My audio interface has got midi in and midi out.
I prefer to start thinking about it now. And you are the most expert live loopers so, nobody can tell me that better than you.

well for your own requirements, *you* are always the expert.

Like the guys already persuaded you, get playing.

(The fcb1010 is pretty good as a first midi pedal, especially
when price is considered.)

andy

:)

Ser