Re: OT: Vocoders...

Yes I have that one Tyler... I was thinking about the Electro Harmonix pedals...

By the way, the reason for my renewed interest in Vocoders is THIS amazing book...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1612190928/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1612190928&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwmarkfranco-20

Its a bit flowery, but its written from the point of view of someone who seriously LOVES vocoders!! As I do...
It was the vocoders in Kraftwerk, the Vocoders in Laurie Ansersen, even the vocoders in ELO that hooked me. And when I got a Korg VC10 (from a member of Temple ov Psychick Youth) in the late 80s, I was putting every thing thru it... drum machines on the voice input orchestras on the music input, my guitar routinely went thru it (not for the Neil Young Trans sound) but on the voice input, while a whole sub-mix of the rest of the band went in the music input... no one knew where that extra "organ" sound came from...

To blow you mind, play audio into the Voice input of a vocoder, put the same audio thru a long, but in synch (maybe a bar or 2) delay and back into the music input... the dynamics and tonal frquencies of NOW, the musicv and pitch from 2 bars ago... strange... I assure you!

Best Vocoder album ever (and I heard lots)

Holger Czukay, "On the way to the peak of normal"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000067XI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0000067XI&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwmarkfranco-20

So.. Electro Harmonix users?

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Tyler <programmer651@comcast.net> wrote:
My looper friend and I really like this thing called Microkorg. It has a vocoder built in!
Tyler Z

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com