Re: I want to take on an IDM style of looping

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Kevin Cheli-Colando
<billowhead@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Working with Mobius can be done in the same method as in the Deadmau5
>> example. Set up some super wild scripts,
>
> Feel like sharing any super wild scripts with a Mobius novice?

Simple "substitute stuff" takes you far, especially combined with a
hands-on control of Secondary Feedback.

Another fun scripting approach is to throw the looper into Overdub
Mode and have alternating Speed Step values happening at certain
points. When you run the script the background loop will flicker and
stutter and from the next loop round your playing (overdubbed during
he script run) will flicker and stutter in the same way but at
reversed pitches. Experiment with different intervals at different
poins in the loop (or "in the cycle" if you prefer to work in that
scale). And remember that a loop spinns faster at higher pitch and
vice versa; so if you need the loop to stay the same length after such
a script run you have to experiment a bit to find a balance between
upwards and downwards intervals (many upwards jumps can be neutralized
by one downwards interval with either a longer duration or down to a
deeper pitch).

Just two ideas.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen