RE: Tayler Variaxs vs GR 55

> Hoping someone else has some hands-on experience with the Variax to post

I spent half an hour playing one recently in a shop - some of the sounds
suck (the 12string sounds too much like harmonizers) but most are pretty
much ok. I especially like the different tunings! very cool to have that
on board.

If I had the money, I'd buy a Variax. I wish there was one with a
sustainer! and I still don't know if one can somehow turn the 6 string
output of the piezos into midi - I definitely want midi.

The coolest thing about Variax of course is, you don't need another box on
the floor. I wouldn't want a GR-55 because it is so large and heavy! the
Variax guitar has the sounds and tunings in it, and if you like the
guitar, you are all set.

-Michael