Re: Echoplex Footpedal - switch replacement - EU

cool, thanks !

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Gio,

no electronic knowledge needed, just need to know that it's a non-latching push to make switch.

More important is the mechanics, and of course that it fits the hole.

If it looks right, and *feels* right then it's going to be ok.

Most likely candidate at Maplin is this

http://www.maplin.co.uk/illuminated-push-to-make-switch-34861

...I thought they had more/better, and I haven't got an example switch to check.

Those are "push switches" rather than foot switches as such.

This one's a nice sturdy footswitch,
http://www.maplin.co.uk/push-to-make-foot-switch-34489

perhaps not such quite a fast action, but smooth and more reliable.

andy

Gio Gio wrote:
Thanks Andy, yeah I would assume so, it's just that I don't know much about electronics and I wanna make sure I get the right thing. I know you can get different switches for it but I'm not sure which ones are fine. I'd rather get something that people have tested on the EFC-7. I´m gonna check on this couple shops you said and then maybe see if I can find the same component in Germany..
thanks g.