Re: Re: Zoe Keating in NY Times article.@borisfx.com

No disrespect meant Rick, but you seriously can't get gigs that make
you more than $50 in Santa Cruz?  I live up in the sticks of Norther
California and I'm pretty sure our local bands/performers can make
more than that just putting on house concert/parties.

I'm just asking because that would be really really sad if that is the
case.  I always assumed that that kind of money was available pretty
readily if a) you had any kind of following or friends willing to come
out for an evening of whatever and b) you were willing to put all the
leg work into creating the gig (which up here is not much more than
finding the place and doing some posters/facebook type stuff.

Is it the glut of musicians and those who want to be in a place like
Santa Cruz that make it so bleak for your finances?

Asked respectfully from my full time day job.

Kevin

--
Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)