Re: Anyone here tuning guitars in fifths?

a brief explanation of the NST:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_standard_tuning

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
Cool guys, thanks for spilling the knowledge! I'm mostly interested in
how players experience the guitar under this fifths tuning. Like...
how does it affect the instrument's resonance? Sympathetic vibrations
when letting a chord ring? etc, etc.  But if there is a name for it,
"New Standard" as Tony says, then fifths on a regular guitar must have
been tested out by quite a few and found to work ok.

Ah, thank you Michael for chiming in on the New Tuning Mystery. Now I
understand. LOL. I think I'll try that but with the one-octave-lowered
B on top instead of the G. This would make fingering cello equivalent
and also add an exciting dimension of burdun and closed voicing (which
is what you lose when going from fourths to fifths). So a handy
compromise that might even not be a compromise at all but a "New
Thing". Yes, "New Thing Tuning"... that's the future :-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen