Your PA Rig?

Hey fellow loopers,

What do you all use to amplify your rigs? Was wondering if you had any suggestions for a PA setup.

I'm a solo performer doing a one man band act:

As you can see above right now in my place where I practice I just have a little 60-watt 4 channel PA that I hooked up to some speakers. It's ok for practicing but it's cumbersome to take the speakers places. Larger places have their own PA anyway. So I'm looking for something physically manageable for smallish places and/or maybe busking. Ideally it would be a little more powerful, too.

I was considering something like the Behringer KX1200 or K1800 FX. But I'm a little lost.

As far as my needs go, I need something with 4 channels that can sound good with the various instruments involved. Bass guitar, Guitar, keyboards, drum machine, and vocals by necessity all end up coming out if this. It would be nice if the channels had their own EQ like my little PA does.

Alternatively maybe I just need different speakers. I'm not an expert on this at all... I just bought the biggest ones I could find on craigslist, cut open some speaker wire and connected them to the PA.

Thanks for any suggestions.

~Brent
www.facebook.com/sciencegonewrong