Re: Arrgh Mavericks

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:38 AM, Amy X Neuburg <amyx@isproductions.com>
wrote:

Hi Amy,

I use Mavericks on my MBP and have no issues working with Logic 9 and
Mobius (of the ones you're mentioning).

Regarding Mobius standalone version there is a trick to make it run on
Mavericks though: what I do is to launch the app and then go into
"Configuration/Presets" and disable "Enable Secondary Feedback" - and
then I tic the same box again, since I want Secondary Feedback
enabled. This simple and bizarre fix makes Mobius run fine. If I do
not perform that routine Mobius is sloggy like hell, needing about
five seconds to start recording after having received my Record
command. Stupid but true, software is weird.

I too think some aspects of Logic 9 is nicer than X, especially the
fast automation (not needing to click twice to set a node, as in X)
but for the most things these days I work in X. It is a bit more CPU
efficient and I like the to make use of the new Drummer AI thing and
the MIDI plugins (my two reasons for X-ing)

BTW, yesterday I ran Mobius VST plugin hosted in Plogue Bidule and
noticed that for the VST version I won't have to perform my bizarre
pseudo trick; it just works as expected.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen