Re: A Question for the Mobius Gurus

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 12:28 AM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
wrote:
> !name replacespdtogglev6
>
> if mode = play
> SpeedToggle
> replace
> endif
>
> if mode = replace
> SpeedToggle
> Play
> endif
>

> end

For that kind of script processes I like to make the process wait and
start at the next upcoming cycle to be sure it will perform everything
in sync with loops on other tracks and slaved gear. This can be
achieved by adding "Wait cycle" (between "if mode = play" and
"SpeedToggle" in your example script above. A cycle is the length of
the first loop you created so it is kind of your "inner timing
compass" for whatever you are playing during that session and that
makes it easy to work with even during a frenetic improvisation.

I would suggest that you also try to throw in a "Wait last" right
after your "SpeedToggle" just to make sure that the audio engine
finishes the speed change before starting the replace. I often try
scripts both with and without such "Wait last" safe-ups and sometimes
they work better and sometimes there is no difference. Remember when
changing inside a script you need to close Mobius and re-open it for
the new script line to go into the fast RAM of the hardware.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen