Re: testing

I think a lot of the problem (for me) is that most of us "old timers"
who've been with the list since the beginning in the '90s have become a
lot less interesting, and perhaps a little introverted over time. Ennui
has set in with too much of a feeling of: "Been there, done that."

As for myself, posting here in the old days felt like posting to a family
or group of really good, avid and like-minded friends. It was not unusual
for folks to  post on topics way beyond just tech-y stuff and unload a
little emotionally too. Now that it's many years post 9/11 people just
don't do that anymore.

On the LD list, all we have are the bare words and maybe a link or two.
The bells and whistles of FB allow the posting of photos, video, and audio
— which can sometimes seem (on the surface) a lot more interesting to
peruse on a daily basis.

But over the months and years, I've found that sometimes a picture is NOT
worth a thousand words. And some of the "dancing baloney" of the FB age is
pretty shallow and vapid. It tends to make me  want to become a hermit and
hunker down in my cave and turn my back on the world.

But then there are all these new exotic FX pedals (it seems like a "golden
age" for that sort of thing) and looping tools are popping up everywhere.
At just the point I'd want to turn my back on it, the world is becoming a
lot more interesting.

If only I had the energy I had 20 years ago . . .

The world has spun around quite a few times since the summer of '96 too.