you are hyper-sensitive to latency, as a musician

Is that you? It's certainly to me. That is, I hear extremely minute delays from instrument to speaker while I play in some digital situations, and it keeps me from being able to play with the less-than-speedy setup. That is one of the primary reasons I have avoided getting laptops involved with my looping. It's why I don't use my old boss pitch shifter in the loop stream. What I want to know is -- Am I behind the times and is it now possible, without paying too much, to get a setup quick enough for people who can't adapt to even the most minuscule perceptible delay in signal?

Rocky Jones, still just using loop pedals