Re: keyboard accessible looping software

Hello Taylor,

Mobius either standalone or vst can be entirely controlled by outboard MIDI gear, although the initial setup would be extremely difficult without seeing the menus. When I used it the past, I never had any need to interact with it via keyboard or mouse or even look at it in performance after the initial setup.

http://www.circularlabs.com/

A looping violinist by the stage name of Final Fantasy (Owen Pallett) runs Max patches on a mac mini without a display on stage for his looping (or at least he did the last time I saw him live). I think he's using his own patches, but the karma external would be a fantastic looper if you already have max: http://www.rodrigoconstanzo.com/karma/

As a free alternative to max, Pure Data can similarly be setup to run in inexpensive computers without displays (raspberry pi, beaglebone) or dedicated linux music machines like the Bela platform and the Organelle. I've modified Marco Baumgartner's Alfaloop patch to run on both iPhone and the Organelle and it would make an inexpensive and creative looper that you could control via any MIDI controller: https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/8150/alfaloop-0-1-2

I'd be happy to help you set things up if that's feasible at a distance.

Sylvain