Re: Updating LP1 Help

Hi Dennis,
1. & 3. Make sure you don't have any devices on IP: 192:168:1:101 example: if your laptop is on 192:168:1:101 - move the LP1 to 192:168:1:102
as the router DHCP will dish out ip's on a first come first serve basis.
I can't remember about the DNS - i think this used to be Bob server number and the LP1 would pull the upgrade over the web ...
you could try pointing it to - but probably best left - but no harm trying it.
You could try connecting via your browser to the LP1 by just type the it's IP address - you should find that more reliable - The LP1 will have all options available via web browser.
The LP1Ctl.jar wasn't finished when Bob ditched everything and probably never will be.

2. & 4.  the version 2 releases were Beta - releases, where he was shutting down features to bug hunt.
As the LP1 was locking up - so he disabled things like scramble and mellotron and midi clock I think ...
He's actually forgotten this! - as he start working on it  years later ...
so no you won't find a manual - 1.38 was the last ... before his freak out with the forum.

You should be able to upgrade or downgrade to any OS - I don't remember any limitation here .

My advice would be find the most stable OS version with the features that suit you and stick with that ...
As for waiting for Bob to fix all this  ... Best invest in a zimmer frame rackmount kit.

Kind regards

Rob