R: switching off with mains

Thanks for the replies, but I think I haven't been clear enough with my
question.
I wanted to know if digital processors like EDPs, Multieffect devices (Tc
Electronic, Eventide, Boss, Digitech...) can be damaged if I keep their
individual switch always on and use the multiple plug switch to switch them
on/off.

I have several devices in my rack and they all are connected to a
multiplegroup of plugs (I don't know the english term) that has its switch.
Do not consider the audio facts such as the order to save speakers/power
amps from overloads.

thanks for your 2 minutes
luca