EMUSIC Playlist #211

[ Best viewed with a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, airs each Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #211                    April 5, 2001.

RECAP:
On this show, I preempted all four hours of World Radio Network and one
hour of
NPR's Morning Edition in order to present the world premier of the complete
playing of Robert Rich's new seven-hour DVD, Somnium.  An autographed copy
of
Somnium was given away during Morning Edition as a thank you gift for a
pledge
of $150.  The host survived without being thrown off the island, er, air.
No
DVD players were harmed in the making of this presentation.

Robert Rich
http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/2001/focus01.html#apr_rr

PLAYLIST:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
Robert Rich             Somnium                  Somnium (Hypnos)

6:00 am

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll begin a month-long focus on James Johnson, a
Chicago
area ambienteer extraordinaire.  James has several releases on labels like
Hypnos and his own Zero Music and will headline at the next Gathering in
Philadelphia.

I will also play music by Baird Hersey who will bring his group Prana to
the
next Gathering.  Prana is an eight member a capella group that employ
overtone
singing methods.

James Johnson
http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/2001/focus01.html#apr