Pro Tools Free (and Logic)

rich wrote:

> Thanks to the list for pointers to ProTools FREE.  Zowee...what
> people give away these days amazes me.   Does
> Digidesign offer any technical assistance on a Free product?

There are some message boards at digidesign.com, including one for
PTFree, that the company contributes to/answers questions through.

I like the program a lot, although i find myself starting to lean more
towards Logic (after the inevitable, introductory "What the hell is
going on?!?!" Logic introductory learning curve).  I think that PT Free
is intended largely as a way of spurring interest in the Digi 001
card/software bundle... (that's my guess, anyway).

--Andre LaFosse
http://www.altrustmusic.com