Re: Filters and such...

At 7:41 AM -0700 4/30/01, Catharsis wrote:

>I also had the opportunity to attend (because it was free) what was
>billed as the first microtonal conference:
>http://www2.hmc.edu/~alves/microfest2001.html

Sorry I had to miss this (I was out of the country).

Did you talk to Lou Harrison?  How is he doing?

This may indeed be the "first microtonal conference," though there
was an annual instrument builders' conference at UCSD in the late
'70s. Many microtonalists participated, including a number of Harry
Patch colleagues and disciples.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com