Re: Eventide Eclipse Ooooops

Hello Tom
I am sorry to hear about all these problems, man!
Let's try to seal with them and make you a satisfied Eventide user.
First of all, did you mailed Eventide about all I read here?
I just forwarded your posting to them; I want them to take care of you.

> I have two Eclipses at the house presently.  I received my first from
> Sweetwater 2-3 days before going on tour in August.  I was enamored
enough of  it's sounds, that I played a dozen solo concerts using just
a couple of presets (234 mostly) in conjunction with the DL4.

I know what you man! The sound of these units is awesome!!!
We just put out a new OS on the web, free to download and install in
ANY Eclipse unit. It's V1.101: many cool features have been added and
others have been perfectioned. Did you register your unit sending the
warranty card in? That's the way to get the web address for the update!
Contact me offlist, please. (italoop@libero.it)

>However, the "famous" knob
> was not straight/true.  The packaging that it arrived in didn't look
>like a factory job to me.
> Sweetwater sent me another one which sat here unopened for two
>months.  The new one also has a knob that isn't true, although a
>little closer than the  first.  The little bank of 15
>number/arrow/enter keys on the right hand side of the unit were, on
>the first unit, hard black plastic, sticking out about 1/16".  On the
>replacement unit those have been replaced by charcoal gray rubber keys
>that stick out about 3/16".  This seems odd to me, but maybe is
>common with new products...also, the lettering at the far right, says
>Harmonizer Effects Processo (sic).

We will try to figure out what happened to those units! Sometimes there
can be many reasons why things like these can happen, even if they
should NOT happen, I agree! The buttons have been changed in the newer
units so to make them easier to push. That's official.
Again, the knob and lettering issues are already on Eventide desk. We
should hear from them very soon.

> With the replacement unit, the level indicator is lit up with nothing
>going thru it (the two bottom 'circles' - 40 & 28 - are constantly
>lit).  You  should hear the lovely pops when I change programs...Any
>suggestions from the  list about this problem in particular?  Anyone
>from Eventide on this list?
> I'll be calling Sweetwater later today.

I have seen those leds on sometimes but usually the <OL CLEAR> button
(overload clear) in the <METER> menu, after hitting <LEVELS> clears
them. Try .

> I'm upset that this is happening with the most expensive piece of
>equipment
> that I've ever owned (besides a tuba or car), and because I'm leaving
>again
> in less than a week to play concerts in Minneapolis, Pittsburgh and
>Oberlin...
>
> I'm particularly upset because I also LOVE the thing...
>
> Any help/advice (esp. with the levels) would be welcome.
>
> Best,
>
> Tom Heasley

Tom
you have all reasons to be upset! Eventide will contact you and try yo
figure out how to solve the whole thing quick and right. You should
have a perfectly working ECLIPSE and be able to enjoy its great sounds
in your music.

best regards
Italo De Angelis

EVENTIDE AUDIO CUSTOMERS SUPPORT