RE: Overloading Output Levels when layering sounds

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your comments.  Even though it appears to be a discussion
about compressors, my original question dealt with the Output signal
becoming overloading and distorting because of the additional
volume/sound being created by the looping device.  In this case a
Repeater.  My question was an attempt to find out how best to get my
gain structure set so that when I started adding in layers and layers of
additional sound, my output didn't distort.  Since I am running my setup
in  series (see my original message) there seems to be a tendency for
the Repeater to add significant amounts of additional gain with each
layer created for my sound.

Thanks,
Steve