Handsonic

Title: Handsonic
I agree with Marc and Bill that the handsonic is really a very creative tool and a very playable percussion instrument...I use it every day in the studio and on the weekends play drumset with it live on gigs... as primarily a hand percussionist in studios I really love the choices of all the world instruments available and how great they sound...not to mention using the internal effects to create totally new sounds.... I've used it on everything from CNN bumpers to country recordings.

2 MAJOR improvements would make my world a lot easier...pretty simple ones actually....another pair of assignable stereo outputs so I could send what I actually play into my EDP without sending the loop itself into it...I control the timing from the handsonic to the EDP.....and being able to copy individual sounds from one kit to another would be a great improvement I feel...I've talked about this with Steve Fischer and Mike Snyder from Roland and they really can't say what is in store for the next version...bottom line...I really recommend it to any percussionist / looper  tr

From: Bill Cummings <billcumm@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 11:03:38 -0400
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Handsonic

It's a great unit. Sounds are tremendous, and interface is pretty darn good.
I use it sometimes as a standalone drum kit, playing it with timbale sticks.
Also use it as a supplemental pad/sound source on BALDR setup. Benefits
greatly from a full range sound system with subwoofers. Watch out for the
Z-beam (or whatever they call it) mine's always triggering when I don't want
it to, so I usually try to remember to turn it off.