re: Powered Speakers

Dear Mark,and everybody,

I own a pair of the Mackie powered monitors (with only 12" woofers) and I
can honestly say, they have changed my life.
They are so accurate that you can mix a recording with impunity on them.

We used them as the only P.A. during our World's First Bass Looping Tour
with Michael Manring and l.d.ers  Steve Lawson and
Max Valentino, including a gig at the 700 seat and cavernous Rio Theatre in
Santa Cruz.

I have A-Bed them with the JBL Eons and the difference is night and
day...........you truly do get what you pay for.
The Mackies' are considerably more accurate.   The Eons are a little
louder,
but I have never turned my Mackies up past
12 o'clock and that was blisteringly loud.

I can't say enough positive things about these speakers.

They are lightweight, compact, made of durable plastic (the exteriors) and
you don't have to lug around a 500 watt amplifier................the
difference I've notice to my back alone makes them worth the price of
admission.

I have to say, also, that I do not miss the subwoofer at
all.............they go to 40 cycles with a lot of clarity.

Thumbs up,  Mark................buy 'em!!!!

yours,  Rick