Re: Audio Interface for Notebook Users

I'd stay away from USB1 interfaces.  I tried my
M-Audio Audiofile USB on a 1.4 mhz Thinkpad and I
wasn't able to get acceptable results in terms of
latency.  For almost no difference in money I was able
to get an M-Audio Solo firewire interface that's been
working vey nicely... although on a 1.2 mhz Powerbook.
(Thinkpad doesn't have native firewire but
PCM-CIA/Firewire converters are cheap)

I think maybe the new Thinkpads do have firewire, as I
almost bought one.  Ended up with a Toshiba though, so
wish me luck.  It's being configured as we speak...