Re: BOSS RC-50 impressions-Time Compression Expansion

i'm sorry to confirm that this IS true.
unless you keep the loops at the (exact) original tempo they sound like
utter shite, crazy warbled, even if you only change the tempo a little
bit.
i would go even further to say that the sound quality appears to be rather
inconsistent when the pedal is run as a midi slave. no warbling at all if
the pedal is the master, but the sound seems prone to chaotic fluttering
if
you do very many overdubs in slave mode.
the pedal is still pretty useful for me, but i have to admit
i'm fairly unimpressed with these limitations, if only because roland is
making claims about the capabilities of this device that are not validated
by reality.
will it be adressed in future production runs or some kind of firmware
update?
i don't know, but it's unfortunate.