(was Punk reaction to Prog) - MAGMA

According to an article in a recent Mojo, one Johnny Rotten's favorite
bands
in 1974-1975 (when he had long hair) was MAGMA.

MAGMA were a French band lead by its drummer, Christian Vander.  MAGMA
invented their own language in which to sing.  Most of their music involved
a distant planet Kobaia who are invaded by the Orc, or something like that.

MAGMA can be heard here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jN8ncmwAofk&search=magma
and here: http://www.magma-tv.com/#70

If you are a fan of Progie strains of music and you have not heard MAGMA, I
can't recommend them strongly enough.

A good place to start would be:

Live:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000059ZDX/sr=8-3/qid=1151170791/ref=pd_bbs_3/002-5929728-3615217?ie=UTF8