Re: Mobius part 2

On Jun 26, 2006, at 3:44 PM, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> Yes, I've done this, but the problem is that I don't really play any
> piece per se, but I improvize and I like to spontanouely pick plugins
> from a total menu. In short, I need access to all my plugins at all
> times, and I want to be able to stack or chain them in custom
> sequences on the fly...probably asking for too much.

> Would be cool is a dynamic rack concept. On the left hand side of the
> screen I would have a rack "shell". On the right hand I would have my
> massive list of VST plugins. Then one could drag and drop on the fly
> any of the plugins into the rack in any order, and also change the
> order by dragging and dropping, all in real time. That would be
> amazing.

you are going to so love max/msp....I don't know about drag and drop
(probably a way) but it has a pull down menu feature that you could put
all your plugs in (by dragging and dropping folders that hold the
plugs) and then you could use controllers to choose which ones and
whether to route them directly out or into a different plug for further
processing and so on and son....

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com