Re: Rafa's One Man Band - Impact of looping -

Per,

Have you ever checked out Charlie Hunter - 8 string guitar, plays jazz bass lines on the lower 3 strings while comping on the other strings, I saw him with his trio, awesome jazz drummer, and a trombone to fill out the sound. Unbelievable hand/mind separation. At least for me, there is no way I could get close to what he is doing.
Eric

From: Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>

Really cool video! But it is not much multitasking in playing a bass
line that pretty much follows the chords. I would rather say that the
bass line is part of the chord playing here. Real multitasking is when
playing two lines that go different ways but line up at the bottom
line by counterpoint, canon, poly rhythm or such. What we see in this
video is a musician using two hands to fulfill one task.

The organ duo/trio videos were cool too. The Hammond can be a mean
funk machine.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen