Sync cable

Ted's thought:

>4 performers could set up at one time in opposite
>corners of the performance space (with the audience
>in the middle) and each play his/her set in turn (with
>the audience turning their chairs to reorient themselves
>to each new "stage."
>
>4 players at 40-45 minutes each without between-play
>setup time could do a 3 hour concert.
>
>An interesting by-product could be the possibility of a surround-sound
>group
>"jam" to finish off each series of
>4 players.

got me thinking:

For those of us with Echoplex DP's, if we all had brother sync "Y" cables
with 1 male  (3 conductor) connector on one end and 1 male and 1 female on
the other ends of the "Y", then it'd be quite easy to sync many of them
together, for events such as this.  Plus, headphone extension cables would
work for long distance patching.

Kim, did Oberheim modify the units they shipped, after you discovered the
design flaw [which prevents 4 or more units from brother syncing together]?
(or is that wishful thinking....?)

It would be wonderful to have folks in 4 corners of the room synced
together, co-creating loops!  If we each brought the Y cable (for each of
our EDP's), a headphone extension cable, and made sure we had the resistor
swap, it would be easy.

- chris

Chris Chovit
cho@gomez.jpl.nasa.gov