Re: Sequencer question

Timothy wrote:

> I think I need a MIDI sequencer:  I think that's what they call them.
>What I
> need is a machine to feed MIDI signals to these things concurrently:  a
>drum
> sampler, two EDPs, a MIDI channel switcher, and two MIDI-controlled
>effects
> units (a Roland VG8 and I'm researching the second one).  It would have
>to be
> able to store enough data to send an entire rhythm score to the drum
>sampler:
> the looping, channel, and effects signals would be relatively minor.
>
> Is that what a sequencer does?  If not, what do I need?  And what's the
>price
> range?  I suppose I could do it with my laptop computer and some of the
> software I have but that seems a little too precarious for live
>performance,
> what with people throwing beer cans and other liquid-bearing objects at
>me
> trying to get me and all my loser equipment off the stage.
>
> However, it'd be real nice to be able to program all the changes on my
>desktop
> computer, then download that data to the sequencer.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tim

Timothy

I'm using the yamaha rm1x with a lot of joy .this is a pattern based seq
with maximum live tweakability (pattern switch, track mutes ) so its
very well suited for our cyclic needs

Sorry I have no time to make you a review but here is a link
to all the rm1x stuff on the net

http://www.markarber.freeserve.co.uk/menu.htm

Come back after that and be my guest for some questions

Claude