Re: Not Underestimating an Audiences Ability to Understand our Process

"Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project)" wrote:

> People have come up to me after my performances and asked "So did you
> compose the
> backing CD yourself?".... or "Why are you pressing those buttons on
> the floor when I play?". It would not be so bad except that most of
> the people watch me perform for about 10 minutes before coming up to
> me and asking those questions.... *sigh*

Well, I didn't say all of your audience is going to be sharp.  I was
playing a private rave where most of the people were young, interested in
electronic music, and a large group of them are in the high tech sector.
So, I was kind of shooting fish in a barrel, you might say.  My response
it to ingore those people if you can.  I now it's tough.  No email filter
for reality.

> I've been having some serious problems with using the Repeater lately.
> So much so, that I think that I will stop using it for live
> performances and continue using my trusted DL4. One major problem that
> keeps cropping up is when I record a one bar loop, and then multiply
> it a couple of times to create a 16 beat section. Often, the tempo
> slows down, and on rare occasions, there are breaks in the recording
> as if the Repeater has failed to copy the audio throughout the new
> track. Its frustrating, and embarrassing.....

I'm sorry to hear about your Repeater.  I honestly rarely use the multiply
function, so I've never experienced this.  Believe me, I'm still
sad/pissed at what happened with Electrix.  I thought I was having issues
with MIDI synch recently.  It turned out to be the MIDI splitter having a
bad contact.  Boy was I relieved.  I hope you can find a solution to your
looping woes.

Mark Sottilaro