Re: Practice, rehearse, perform

>Watching musicians (especially improvisors) do what they need to do
>to get the music out of their instruments is pretty much theatre
>enough for me.

I find it even more interesting what they need to do to get the music
into their brains.
as oposed to theater, especially the improvisors are not quite able
to direct the visual appearence. Distorted faces and strange
positions are common, especially in Jazz.
One would suspect that the non controling improvizing state lets the
deep personality appear, but its not quite what I observe.
This reminds also of the habits, voices and expressions that media
when in trance (another spirit in them, or whatever)
I think the public likes that.
Remember Keith Jarret singing totally out of tune while improvizing
brilliantely on the piano? How can that happen? Its not theater, I
think...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org