RE: EFC-7 vs. FCB-1010

I use the FCB to control the EDP (that sounds weird). Problem you run
into, is that you have to specify on the FCB 1 global channel to use
note on messages. That means you are stuck controlling the EDP with note
on messages. Occasionally I like to trigger bass notes on my synth, so I
have to bring the EFC-7, or go into 'global setup mode' on the FCB and
change the midi channel, which requires powering the FCB down, holding a
button and turning it on. Not fun to do live. The FCB *should* have the
'note-on' device set per preset, not globally. In fact, the one
limitation of the FCB is that you have to set Expression & CC  channels
globally too. You have to commit them to controlling 1 device. Maybe
they will change this with an upgrade, or maybe will figure out a way to
program the eeprom themselves. Who knows.

Dave Eichenberger
http://www.hazardfactor.com