Re: Live Performance Hardware Looping Equipment Question - Need Help

Hi Bill,

Thanks.  I am hoping to find a unit that works sort of like cubase in a
hardware form:  the song is completely composed and recorded with loop
points positioned in parts of the song.  To loop a part, i simply tell the
unit to loop that part.  When i tell the unit to stop looping, the song
then continues - as it would in cubase or another software program.

I'm very accustomed to working with a variety of software programs.  Maybe
the hardware world - for this type of application - hasn't really caught
up, or functions very differently.

A sampler may work, but some of the songs are 20 minutes long.  May be a
RAM issue with the sampler.

I do know that Cirque du Soliel works this way, but the samples are mainly
sort intros, rather than long songs.

Michael