Re: Live Performance Hardware Looping Equipment Question - Need Help

Michael-

    Man, I wish Sonar worked like that.  I'm using a sequencer called "MIDI
Maestro" (www.midimaestro.com) to do what you're talking about live (having
certain sections in the song that loop until I send the sequence a message
to continue).  I guess I would rather use dedicated hardware for this job
though, if I could find something that would do it.  It would be nice if
the
medium I compose in -- Sonar -- was capable of this, as I will be taking my
PC out anyway to use as a standalone Kontakt sampler.  It's kind of
ridiculous that it's not.  Oh well.  Maybe in a future release.  Anyway, I
have a great deal of interest in this thread, because I'm looking for the
same thing.  Not the MPC style of breaking the song into sections and
triggering them from pads.  Just one long MIDI file that has pointers in it
for looped parts.

    I have thought about using a sampler like Bill suggested on LD.  An
Akai
S6000 can have 256MB of memory, which means about 25 minutes worth of
stereo
audio.  BUT, if you want to have one instrument that you can dynamically
mute and/or effect, then you would have to have it as a seperate sample, so
your time would go down to 12.5 minutes.  If you want several instruments
(samples) to be able to control independently, then your sample time
continues to be reduced.  I don't think this is the answer for what it is
we
both seem to want.

-Jesse